The Windows 8.1 tablet or PC users having a UEFI BIOS might have encountered that booting to the BIOS no more works like it used to be on classic desktop PCs. But Windows 8.1 provide a way for both the touch and keyboard users to boot their device.
If you own a Microsoft tablet then you have some more buttons that you can use to boot quiet fast to BIOS. Here we are going to see how to use all of them to boot Windows 8.1 device to BIOS.
Use the following steps to access the UEFI firmware settings from within Windows.
- Press the Windows key + C to open your Charms..
- Select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings..
- Click Update and recovery.
- Select Recovery and then click Restart now beneath Advanced Startup.
- After a moment the Choose an Option screen will appear.
- On the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings, then click Restart. Your system will restart and enter the UEFI.